Friday, 10 March 2017

Top 5 Books I Read In One Sitting

Hi everyone!

You may (or may not) be wondering where I was last Friday with a top 5 post and that is because we've had a slight change of plans. With uni having started back up again there is no way I can keep up with how many of these there are so we will be doing a top 5 post every second Friday.

Today is all about the books I read in one sitting, and it was honestly quite hard to narrow down. I read very quickly, and would probably average around 100 pages an hour. So today I tried to find books that I literally did not get up from reading to do anything besides go to the toilet.



The first book in the top 5 would have to be Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. This book is kind if like a Harry Potter fanfiction wherein it's set in a magical school with Harry and Draco-esque characters. The magic system is really creative, there's a gay romance, a rivalry and it's a whole lot of fun. There's also a pretty cool mystery throughout it, and Carry On keeps you hooked the whole way through. This book just flies by and before you know it you've finished it all and are wanting more.



A lot of people dislike John Green, but I actually really enjoyed his book The Fault in Our Stars. Although utterly heartbreaking, this book was a super quick read that I loved every second of. I can remember sitting in the lounge room crying while everyone kept nagging me to come to lunch - but I just wanted to finish my book!


We Were Liars by E Lockhart was a book where I don't think I even got up to pee I was so engrossed. It is quite a short novel but oh so intense and engaging. I don't want to tell you any of the plot as I think that ruins the book. It is definitely best if you go into this book not knowing anything - just trust me on this. A super quick read, and one that surprisingly left me in tears.










The Giver by Lois Lowry is another one I can't remember getting up during it. This book is like one of the first dystopian novel, and it is definitely an enjoyable read. I absolutely flew through it but I have to say I was slightly disappointed with the ending. It's a shame the quartet doesn't all follow the same characters, but I am definitely interested in reading them at some point.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner is one I read on a random school night and read it so ridiculously quickly. I think it took me about four hours and I loved every second. The book is so suspenseful and because you have no idea what is happening you just want to keep going and going to find out. I would definitely recommend this to everyone!
I actually think I read each of the books in the trilogy in one sitting - so you can knock off all three books in a few days and it is so worth it.

And there we have it - my Top 5 Books I Read In One Sitting. Which book could you not put down?
Tynnika