Monday, 20 March 2017

Book Tag: Les Mis

Hi everyone!

Les Miserables is by far one of my favourite musicals (you can read about the time I went to see it here) so I figured it was long overdue that I do the Les Mis book tag. To be honest, I've just been putting it off because I don't know how to lay it out but we are just going to go for it.

I Dreamed a Dream 
/I had a dream my life would be so different from this hell I'm living/
A book that didn't live up to your high expectations 
This one is easy, actually I think I may use it way too often. But it would definitely be Soundless by Richelle Mead. I love all the other books I have read by her, and so I was definitely let down when I read Soundless. It had a great concept but it was way too rushed.

The Confrontation
/I've hunted you across the years/
Your favourite literary duo
Anne and Gilbert are amazing - where I'm up to in the books they are not together yet but they are just the sweetest. Just read Anne of Green Gables by L M Montgomery guys, it's cute and it's heartwarming and I love it.

Castle on a Cloud
/I know a place where no one cries/
A book you have read that made you comforted and happy
Do I even need to say? You can probably all guess this one now! For sure Heidi by Johanna Spyri, it is my ultimate feel good book and happy place.

Read and Black
/red, the blood of angry men/
A book that you have an unpopular opinion about
I don't actually know? I love a lot of books people hate if that counts as an unpopular opinion. For example: The Selection by Kiera Cass, Fallen by Lauren Oliver, and The Maze Runner by James Dashner.

Do You Hear the People Sing? 
/will you get up and follow me/
A book you read due to hype
I've read a lot of books because of hype to be perfectly honest. I can't remember exactly what was the last one I read (probably Throne of Glass) but the last one a I bought was The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson.

One Day More
/one more dawn, one more day/
A book that kept you reading into the next chapter (and the next and the next)
Literally every book ever. But a more recent one that sticks out would definitely be Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas.

On My Own
/still I say, there's a way for us/
A ship of yours that isn't canon
Don't judge me, but I'm a hardcore Fred and Hermione shipper (that's Harry Potter if you were unsure). I just always thought the two would balance each other out so well and it would be ridiculously sweet. I really love those two, but alas it was never meant to be.

Drink With Me
/let the wine of friendship never run dry/
Your favourite bookish friendship
Here's an obscure on for you! Sapphire and Faro from Ingo by Helen Dunmore. This is a book series I loved when I was about 11-13, and I thought that the friendship between those two was just so special. 

Bring Him Home
/let me die, let him live/
That one character you will do anything to see protected
I think I will go with Sydney from Bloodlines by Richelle Mead for this one. For one, she reminds me a lot of myself sometimes, and two she is such a sweet and innocent character that whenever something bad happens to her I want it to be fixed immediately. 

Empty Chairs at Empty Tables
/now my friends are dead and gone/
A character death you don't think you will ever recover from
I had so many written down for this one. There's a lot and it's all heartbreaking. So you don't accidentally read a spoiler, I'm going to put the names in white and you can choose to highlight the name if you want to know who's deaths devastated me the most (make sure you've read all the books!)
I cried like a baby for all of those (an more), and the circumstances always suck - so heartbreaking!

And there we have it - the Les Mis book tag. I would love to hear your answers to the questions, so as always I tag you all to do it and link me to it if you do :)
Tynnika