Friday, 10 February 2017

Top 5 Disney Movies

Hi everyone!

I'm here to do something a little different today and it is actually the start of a new series on this blog - top 5 posts. I know a lot of people do these on Wednesday's but I want it to go up today, so every Friday you will be getting a top 5 post in all different categories.

Today we're doing my top 5 Disney movies and I have to say, it was really hard to narrow it down to five. This was actually originally going to be a top 10 but for future categories, I decided to be tough with my decisions. 


As you can see I have quite a large Disney collection so picking only 5 was super difficult!


No top Disney movie list of mine would ever be completely without having Beauty and the Beast on it. I really love Belle (she's a reader like me) and this is always a pick-me-up movie. I would definitely consider it one of the classics and is a Disney movie I think everyone needs to watch at some point in their life. 


I watched Tarzan for the first time quite recently actually, probably around late 2015, and I cannot believe I waited so long to watch it. It's a gorgeous story and the songs are really really lovely. It's got a bit of humour, a bit of romance, and a bit of action which is all you really need in a Disney movie. Definitely check this one out if you haven't already!


In my opinion, The Hunchback of Notre Dame is Disney's most underrated movies ever. For starters, it has a beautiful moral message behind it, or several actually (for example: don't judge people for what they look like) and tackles darker and more adult themes that Disney does not do very often. It's got an amazing soundtrack to go with it - the first time I heard it I was obsessed for weeks. So so good.


Is it even a surprise that The Lion King is on this list? It is an absolute classic and if I had to name a favourite Disney movie it would 100% be this. I adore the songs and the story and the characters so much. Love love love!


Tangled may or may not be a surprise to you, as it is the only modern Disney movie on this list. But Tangled, aside from me absolutely loving the main pair (Flynn and Rapunzel), actually has both my favourite song from Disney and my favourite soundtrack song ever. They are of course Kingdom Dance for the soundtrack and I See The Light. Pairing those two with their scenes is the best parts of the movie and is why I love it so much. These two songs make me feel so happy and for that reason I would love for everyone to go and watch it. I actually saw this one in the movies which was pretty cool!

And there we have it everyone, my list of the Top 5 Disney movies - in my opinion. They were in no particular order and I had to miss out a lot of other really great Disney movies. What are your top 5?

Tynnika