Tuesday, 28 February 2017

Reading Wrap-Up: February

Hi everyone!

Well this post is ridiculously late (even if I've set the date to the right one) so apologies about that! Basically I left this post until the last day of February to write because I was still reading a book and wanted to include it, but then we had no internet for over a week and I started back up at uni. So it's been pretty hectic but I've finally got myself together enough to write this post!
I, again, only read three books this month and I have a feeling this is going to be pretty common throughout the year, especially now that I'm back at uni.


I've been making a point recently of rereading books I haven't read in a while, just to make sure I still enjoy them and that they are not taking up precious space on my bookshelf. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers was next on my list, and while it wasn't quite the five star read I remembered, I still really enjoyed this one. It's about a girl named Ismae, who has been trained all her life by nuns (assassin nuns!) to be a handmaiden of death - which is exactly what it sounds like. This book centers around Ismae's first mission and it has political intrigue, romance, and a bit of action. Super easy to read but super enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this one!
My rating on Goodreads: 4.5 stars



I then continued on with the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, this time with Blood Promise. I can't really say anything because it was the fourth book but it was just as enjoyable as the rest and I couldn't rave about this series enough. If you don't know, Vampire Academy is about a half-human half-vampire Rose Hathaway and her vampire friend Lissa. They go to a vampire school where Rose learns to be a guardian and Lissa to use her magic. Basically, a lot of bad things happen to them and it's all very dramatic, the love interests are amazing, and Rose is a badass so it's just great.
My rating on Goodreads: 4 stars



The last book I read in February was King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard. This book was sooo good and I wish I could talk more about it but I don't want to spoil you for the first two! Just know that I have a lot of feelings (mostly heartbreak) from this one and I really love the character development that our protagonist, Mare, went through. Red Queen, the first book, is about Mare Barrow who is from the lower class of the "reds," Society is divided up into those who have silver blood (the elite, the powerful - literally though, they have magic/superhero stuff) and the red bloods who are the servants, the ones who fight the wars. It turns out that Mare, despite having red blood, has powers herself and is hidden in the palace. It's a really good book series, the villain is heartbreaking and there's always action happening.

My rating on Goodreads: 4.5 stars