Monday, 20 February 2017

Book Tag: I Messed Up

Hi everyone!

Today I am going to be doing the "I Messed Up" Book Tag, which, as you've probably guessed, is about times you've messed up while reading. I don't remember where I found this one, because a lot of my tags are written down on loose sheets of paper, but have a search around and you could probably find the original.

A character appearance that you misread or imagined differently
To be honest, the appearance of a character is not something I picture that often unless it is really emphasised like Harry's green eyes (Harry Potter) or Celaena's white hair (Throne of Glass). So I don't really have an answer for the exact question but when I was reading We Were Liars by E Lockhart I was fully convinced that Cadence was a boy.

A character name that you've been pronouncing wrong
Okay, this is so embarrassing I hardly even want to tell you. But I have always thought that Ginny Weasley's fully name (from Harry Potter) was GineRVa. You know, kind of like Minerva McGonagal. Turns out it's actually GineVRa. I'm still in denial and I cannot believe I read it wrong for so long. I feel like I can't even change to her actually name now because it's been so many years. The day I found out there was a crisis, let me tell you.

An overused trope that is your guilty pleasure
I talk about this so often you all know what it is by now - starcrossed lovers/forbidden romance.

A cliche character type that you like seeing on screen more than reading about
I think I'd have to say bad boy meets good girl, because I love movies like Grease and Dirty Dancing, but in books I'm not as big a fan of it as I am when watching movies.


A word/phrase that you learned because of its use in a book
There's not specific example but at least half of my vocabulary probably stems from me reading books throughout my childhood.

Have you ever not read/not completed a reading requirement for school?
No way! Even when it was Shakespeare (which I really really dislike) I still read the whole thing.

Have you ever (or have wanted to) skipped a chapter from the point of view you weren't interested in
I have never actually skipped but I wanted to heaps in both Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan (Piper) and Game of Thrones by George R R Martin (Brienne and Davos).

Have you ever cancelled social plans to read a book?
I've never actually cancelled plans to read, but I definitely would have avoided making them in the first place.

And there we have it - the "I Messed Up" Boo Tag. As always, I would love to hear your answers to the questions so let me know if you do this tag (consider yourself tagged!)
Tynnika