Tuesday, 31 January 2017

Reading Wrap-Up: January

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the first it what will be a series posted on the last day of every month - my reading wrap up. I'm sure you remember how gigantic the posts got at the end of the year (or even the middle in 2016) when I saved up talking about all the books I read into one post (Just search 2016 in books and you'll get the idea).

This year we will be doing monthly posts and I actually think it is going to push me into reading more books. As I write this (on the 28th) I'm a little embarrassed about only having read three books and I'm hoping that will change over the rest of the weekend.



I started off with Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas per my sister's request and I really thoroughly enjoyed it. It's fantasy which is always a winner in my book, and I liked that the main character, Celaena, is such a badass but also likes pretty dresses and is super into boys. I think that is something you don't see very often so I really loved it. I can already tell that it is going to be a favourite series of mine.
Plus, that was another one ticked off of my holiday TBR!
My rating on Goodreads: 4.5 stars





The next book I read was the sequel to Throne of Glass, and that's Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas. Maybe don't read the rest of this paragraph if you haven't read either of them - you've been warned! I am definitely shipping Chaol with Celaena but I can already tell that it is a ship that is going to go downhill very fast and probably won'r recover. I'm very interested to see where this series is going, what with Celaena being fae, and I am really looking forward to seeing where the rest of this series is headed.
My rating on Goodreads: 4.5 stars





Finally (at the point anyway), I read Rumours by Anna Godbersen which is the sequel to The Luxe. I've definitely mentioned that one before so if you want to hear my thoughts on it just search it up in the search bar to the right. This second book definitely did not disappoint with continuing on with the scandals and drama so I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm really hoping for a happy ending to this series but it's looking less and less likely, much to my consternation. I really love it though.
I've just realised this is also on my holiday TBR so yay I'm getting through it!
My rating on Goodreads: 4 stars





And there we have it everyone - my January in books. What did you read this month?
Tynnika