Tuesday, 31 January 2017

My Favourite Things: January

Hi everyone!

I'm back today to share with you my first favourites of 2017. As you'd expect my favourite things from January are pretty January-like but I have thoroughly been enjoying all of them. If you were wondering, these favourites posts will be going up on the last day of the month (every month) as scheduled, but I will also be posting a reading wrap up as well, to avoid the huge posts of last year.

There's a little known fact about me: I love watching the Australian Open. It has been something I've watched every summer since I was little and I love it. When I was really little I never got to stay up and watch the end of the matches but Mum would sometimes come up to my room and tell me who won. But it's something that's stuck with me and I have my favourite players now (Is anyone as excited as me about the Rafa and Federer final - it's only the 28th as I type this so who knows how it will pan out tomorrow). This is probably a bit weird because I'm not sporty at all but I love watching the tennis.






I'm so annoyed I forgot to pick a packet up from Coles today to take a photo for you all, but anyway. I've been loving burger rings this month - they are just so good. I could not sing my praises about these chips enough but I will say I think I eat wayyy too many of these.















My next favourite this month is a present I got as a Christmas present and I've been loving it sooo much. I love soundtracks to movies and TV shows and I love Poldark so this was obviously a perfect match. I love this soundtrack so much and I listen to it all the time. At the moment it's on my sleep playlist (along with Downton Abbey) and I honestly cannot get enough of it. (And yes - that is a new quilt cover. Expect it to be in next months favourites)









My favourite book this month (I only read a couple!) was Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas. I love her other series, A Court of Thorns and Roses, so I really have no idea why it took me so long to read it. Kiara (my sister) has literally been begging me for ages to read this series and I can see why. I loved it so much - this is going to be one of my favourite series. I really liked that the main character, Celaena, was super badass but at the same time loved pretty clothes and dresses and was into boys. I just think that combination is hard to find in a character.








I got this Thomas Kinkade calendar a while back and I am so excited to finally be able to use it. I've definitely raved about this artist before - Kiara got me a Peter Pan print for Christmas which I absolutely love. His artwork is absolutely gorgeous and his Disney prints are especially exquisite. I kind of don't want January to be over because I love the Tangled one so much, but I know I will be thinking that about February's too! He has such little details in all his pictures and I really really love them.


And finally, the last thing for this month is my 2017 diary. Last year I had a diary that I really did not like so I hardly ever used it and I definitely think I was not as organised as usual. This year though, I didn't wait until the last second to get one and I picked out a diary from Typo which I had in 2015 and absolutely loved. I used it religiously throughout grade 12 and whenever anyone wanted to know when something school related was on I would just hand them that diary - it was so handy. I really loved the weekly layout and the wide spaces you got for each day, and I love the brown leather. Definitely my favourite diary and I plan on getting it again in 2018!

And there we have it everyone, my favourite things for January 2017. I probably had way more that could be on this list but we'll just have to wait and see what February brings.
Tynnika