Friday, 20 January 2017

Book Tag: TMI

Hey everyone!

We are here again today with another book tag, and this time it is the TMI Tag - Book edition. I found this one at Jessethereader so go check them out. This is quite a long one because, as the title suggests, it is too much information in the theme of books. I've had to adapt some of the questions a tiny little bit so suit blogging, but I hope you enjoy it!

1. Which fictional character has the best style?
If we're talking dress sense style, I'm definitely saying Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. She's a badass but she wears some of the prettiest dresses and always manages to describe them so well.

2. Your book girlfriend/boyfriend/fictional crush
Oh gosh I don't know! As I type this probably Chaol from Throne of Glass, because I am currently reading the series.

3. Ever loved a character but then started to hate them?
Tamlin from a Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas, without a doubt. (Sorry - I've just realised the first three answers are all Sarah J Maas. She's a really great author so check out her books if you get the chance.

4. Biggest/longest book on my shelf
My longest book is for sure Les Miserables which is 1231 pages.

5. Heaviest book on your shelf
Les Miserables is also then my heaviest book that I have on my shelves

6. Do you have any book posters?
Unless a poster of the Harry Potter movies counts, I actually don't.

7. Do you have any book themed jewelry?
I have one thing and I can't say I ever wear it - but it's a mockingjay necklace (from The Hunger Games if you aren't aware).

8. Book OTP
Why do I always struggle with this question so much? I'm just going to go with my default answer of Sydney and Adrian from Bloodlines by Richelle Mead.

9. Favourite book series
I keep wanting to say Harry Potter, but I'll resist. It's probably Bloodlines.

10. Favourite book-to-movie soundtrack
Why is this always a question? I go wayyyy too overboard with it. At the moment I'm really loving the Poldark sountrack and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.


11. A book story you miss/wish would continue?
Even though I haven't read the last Bloodlines book, it would still have to be the Vampire Academy/Bloodlines world.

12. Favourite stand-alone
Oh gosh, I don't know. I read a couple of good ones last year so it's making it hard to choose! I think I would have to pick The Light Between Oceans by M L Stedman.

13. When did you start reading?
I have been reading for as long as I can remember so sorry I don't have a concrete answer there!

14. Which Hogwarts house are you in?
I am a very proud Hufflepuff

15. Quality you look for in a book
Good characters. There can be the most amazing plot and writing style in the world, but if the characters aren't engaging it won't be as good.



16. Favourite book quote
There's a lot, but one I always smile at is "He never went out without a book under his arm, and he often came back with two" which is from Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.

17. Favourite author
I really like Richelle Mead (if you couldn't tell) and Cassandra Clare - mostly picked to mention because Kiara and I have the most amount of books of theirs.

18. Favourite book cover
I had to limit it to books I've read since 2013 or we would be here for hours trying to decide. I stumbled across Infinite Sky by C J Flood that I read ages and ages ago and I forgot how much I loved the simplicity of this design. It incorporates themes from the book and I just really love it.

19. Action or romance?
Can I have both?

20. Where do you go when a sad moment happens?
This is a weird question - I don't actually go anywhere? Like I was reading Me Before You by JoJo Moyes on the train one day and I just sat and let the tears flow right where I was. I mean, people probably looked at me funny but I'm not going to move just because my book is sad.

21. How long do you need to finish a book?
As a general rule I read about 100 pages an hour, so the average 400 page YA novel would take four hours. If it's a classic if will definitely take me longer but not always.

22. How long is your mourning period?
It really depends to be honest. Some books take me forever to get over and I can't read anything else for ages, but other books I finish and can read something else straightaway.

23. Least favourite character?
Well this seems harsh - I don't actually know. Umbridge?

24. Turn on in a character
Probably kindness and someone who knows what they want.

25. Turn off in a character
A better than everyone else attitude - like someone who thinks they're so superior and treats everyone else like dirt because of it.

26. Reason I started blogging?
I think I started blogging because I wanted something to do that was completely my own and I could make it exactly how I like and reflect what I'm interested in. I think I'm doing pretty well with that so far!

27. Name a scary book?
I don't know that I've ever read a truly scary book. Horror movies aren't my thing so I've stayed clear of the book equivalent.

28. Last book that made you cry?
The last book that made me cry (as I'm writing this, there may be something after this) was Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin.

29. Last book that you gave five stars?
The last book I gave five stars was A Year in the Life of Downton Abbey by Jessica Fellowes. It's  my favourite TV show so I always love reading about the behind the scenes and the history research they did.

30. Any favourite book titles?
The Treachery of Beautiful Things and The Light Between Oceans. (Also All The Light We Cannot See but that's not on my bookshelf right now)

31. Last book you read?
I'm writing this on the 16th, so it may have changed, but Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas.

32. Book you're currently reading?
Rumours by Anna Godbersen, which is the sequel to The Luxe.

33. Last book adaption you watched?
The last book adaption I watched was the second Hobbit movie, The Desolation of Smaug.

34. A book character you always wanted to talk to?
Hands down The Famous Five (that's an Enid Blyton series if you aren't aware)

35. An author you always wanted to talk to?
I would really like to talk to George R R Martin (author of Game of Thrones). Sometimes I just really wonder what goes on inside his head and I'm so impatient to see how his series continues.

36. Favourite book snack?
Myself and eating are already messy enough so adding a book into the equation is not going to end well for anyone. I guess it would be something like M&Ms (crispy obviously) or small lollies.

37. Book world you want to live in?
I would love to go to Narnia (while the Pevensie siblings ruled of course) because it has always seemed like such a beautiful and magical place.

38. Book world you don't want to live in?
I think I could go without living in Westeros (Game of Thrones) and I even think Middle Earth (Lord of the Rings) wouldn't be very nice. Although it is stunning, unless you're in the Shire it seems a bit brutal.

39. Last time you smelled a book?
Probably yesterday? I love the smell of my books (Heidi is the best smelling book on my bookshelf)

40. Weird insults used in books?
I don't really know what this question is asking but the only insult I can distinctly remember from a book is asshat, which Clary said in City of Bones. It made me giggle quite a lot.

41. Favourite romance book?
I don't think I've ever read a straight up romance novel before. But I love the romance in The Luxe by Anna Godbersen.

42. Do you write?
I write this blog, does that count? (Confession time: I used to write fanfiction. I don't think I ever actually finished one and I only ever published one chapter but you know. It was a thing that happened).

43. Favourite magical item?
Hermione's bag. I wish I had that much room in such a small bag!

44. Your quidditch position?
Definitely a spectator. I'm very uncoordinated and decidedly not sporty, so my best bet at quidditch would be watching.

45. Name a song you connect to a book
This is so random. but whenever I hear "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri I always think of Twilight.

46. Favourite book related chat up line
I don't have one! But let me google it.
Are you a library book? Because I can't stop checking you out.

47. Have you ever used it?
Definitely not

48. Favourite book fandom?
For sure Harry Potter. I follow a facebook page, The Common Room, and it amazes me how active people still are on there - it's such a great little community!

49. How many books do you own?
Way too many for me to count right now. To get a general idea you could look at my owned books shelf on Goodreads.

50. Who do you tag?
If you're reading and want to do this tag then I tag you! Link me in the comments your answers to the questions because I want to hear what you have to say.

Thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed the book tag this month,
Tynnika