Saturday, 31 December 2016

My Favourite Things: December

Hi everyone!

I honestly cannot believe that it is already December and this is the final favourites post of the year. Time has simply flown by this year! We do, of course, have a slight Christmas theme this month, and I really loved all the things I have to show you.



I have finally read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, well the first book anyway. I have to admit that this book did take me quite a long time to read (a good few weeks!) but I really loved every second of it. The books incorporates some of my favourite things - history, a good romance and a slight fantasy element. So so good and I cannot thank my friend enough for recommending that I read this book. It's a new favourite of mine and I seriously cannot wait to read the next books. (Also: Jamie Fraser. Swooning.)





If you don't know by now, I absolutely adore Downton Abbey and I would honestly say that it is my favourite TV show. Combined with my love of movie/TV soundtracks I have really been enjoying the Downton Abbey soundtrack this month. I'm not sure why this month particularly, because I bought the CD a while ago now but it has been my go to for blog posts and when I go to sleep. It makes me feel so nostalgic and happy whenever I listen to it, so I couldn't help but share.


Sanity has the best deals on at the moment so when I saw three movies for $20 I couldn't resist having a tiny peak at what was available. I ended up buying Christmas movies (and admittedly not watching two of them) but I finally have a copy of Love Actually and I really really love this movie. It's definitely slightly ridiculous at times but it is such a feel good movie and I adore watching it around Christmas time, as is tradition, with my Mum.







This next favourite actually has two parts to it: the first being wrapping up presents. For some reason I really enjoy wrapping presents (Birthday, Christmas - it doesn't matter) and I find it so calming and relaxing. If Mum ever needs anything wrapped I'm always happy to volunteer! The second part is this wrapping paper that you can see in the picture. It only comes from the cheapy shop so it's not that special but I love the pattern and I love the brown paper feel it has to it. Not even going to lie, I'm going back (I might have gone already by the time you're reading this) to see if they have any left. I want it for next year!




My final favourite of this month is a food favourite! Every year, without fail, we make reindeer biscuits in the lead up to Christmas and I absolutely love them. They are super easy to make and I think I've made a post about them in the past, which you can find here. Next year I will be doing an updated version which I'm very excited about.

I honestly got up every morning (while they lasted) and had one of these for breakfast. They are just so so tasty!




And that's the end of my favourites for this month so I hope you've enjoyed hearing what I loved this month and  I would love to know some of your favourites!
Tynnika