Tuesday, 27 December 2016

Christmas Haul 2016

Hi everyone!
Seeing as though my Birthday Haul was such a hit earlier in the year, I figured I may as well do a post on what I got for Christmas this year. I personally love hearing what people got (I'm a bit nosy) so I have actually been looking forward to writing this. I definitely think I was spoiled this year and my family picked out some really nice gifts - and I didn't even give them a list this time!

I didn't take enough pictures on Christmas Day to justify a separate post so I thought I would just share a bit in this one instead.

I forgot to take a picture of our table - so here's a photo of the one I did up for my friends at our Christmas Dinner a few days ago. It's a tradition of ours each year now and we always do Secret Santa which is a lot of fun.

We started off the day with crepes (like we always do) and then pretty much lazed around until the extended family turned up for dinner. We watched a lot of The Big Bang Theory (Kiara got the box set for Christmas) and played a bit of Uno. It was definitely a weird Christmas because it was a little chilly! It got to a top of about 23 degrees (Celcius) and I actually put on a pair of jeans and could drink a hot chocolate. It's been aaaages since we've had anything but a sweltering hot Christmas.

When the extended family arrived they brought with them their super cute dog, Cosmo (the little black one. Sulley, our dog, is the white fluffy one). Sulley hadn't been for a walk yet and I decided I wanted to go because I knew I was about to eat heaps at dinner.

They had a great time and look how cute they look walking next to each other!

This is literally my only other photo of the day, so just take a moment to bask in their cute little faces.
And now onto the presents!

Kiara and I got this book of the Game of Thrones houses to share. It's basically a book that chronicles the main houses, their family trees and important information about them. I wish I'd had this when I first started reading/watching as it would have been so useful!

My Grandparents usually get me something ornamental and they know I love Disney so their present is always something I look forward to. This time it was this absolutely gorgeous Eeyore! I have a few in the Disney collection by Britto now and they all look so lovely on my shelf in our display cabinet.


I always get a book and Kiara picked out The Kill Order by James Dashner, which is the prequel book to his Maze Runner series. I'm very excited to read this and find out how it all began!

Woohoo! I got a new soundtrack! My whole family has been loving watching Poldark at the moment and as I love soundtracks Mum got me the CD. I've already listened to it quite a few times and it is definitely well on its way to being one of my favourite soundtracks of all time.

You may notice that Disney is a running theme this Christmas (I'm slightly obsessed, like you should see how many DVDs I have), so here we are again. I got this super cute Lady and the Tramp tote bag and I love it so much. I cannot wait to use it!
If you were wondering, this comes from Red Bubble.

I was in desperate need of a new beach towel (honestly, the one I had was from primary school and I've just finished my first year of uni so it was a bit ridiculous) and this one is so nice. It's as tall as I am too, so there won't be any awkward bit of leg left in the sand.

I also love board games (although no one ever plays them with me) so I was given Articulate this Christmas. I've never actually played this one before but it sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun.

I got a Disney Christmas Tree decoration and I think it is just adorable. You can be sure that this is going on the tree each and every year! (Ignore the green thing, that's the hook I use to put it on the tree).

Okay so technically this isn't actually a Christmas present, but it kind of is. Jayjays was having a deal and I decided that I was going to buy myself, Mum, Dad, and Kiara a nerdy shirt for Christmas. I obviously wrapped mine up as well and said it was a present from me. I actually love this shirt so much, Tinkerbell was a favourite of mine when I was younger and "never grow up" is pretty representative of me right now.
You can get it here.

I got another nerdy shirt! My collection has had quite the booster after this Christmas (there's more to come - I'm not even kidding). I eyed this one off so long ago and Mum quickly snavelled (is that a word and if so how do you spell it properly?) it up for my present. Love it!
You can get it here.

Mum and I are both obsessed with Marc Jacobs perfumes and the rest of us usually get her one for Christmas or a Birthday. But it was my turn to get on this Christmas and it's such a delightful scent! It came in a set with matching hand (body?) cream which also smells so good. The bottle is absolutely humongous at 125mL so this is going to last me a good long while (It also matches the rest of my perfume shelf which I am very happy about. There's a theme happening).

This one is a bit more of a jokey present - Disney princess perfume! (Insert crying laughing emoji). Mum and Kiara found it at the chemist and thought I would love it (they were right). It actually doesn't smell to bad but I definitely love it for the novelty.

This nerdy shirt is actually one I got from my Secret Santa, so thank you Alice! I seriously do not have enough Harry Potter shirts to share my love for the series so this was a fantastic addition to my wardrobe.

Also from my Secret Santa, I got this absolutely massive tote bag and I love it! It's so big and once again is Harry Potter themed which is always a winner.


Finally for my last present (excluding the bit of money I got from extended family) I got this gorgeous print from my sister. It's one of Thomas Kinkade's artworks who we discovered through a calendar I bought for next year (don't you worry, that will for sure be in a favourites). Kiara got a copy and framed it for me and it looks absolutely stunning on the wall.
It's a little bit funny though because this has actually been my laptop background for the past few weeks and I've been talking about it constantly so Mum and Kiara have had to try not to laugh whenever I brought it up! (I was even going to mention it in my December favourites I love it that much. I won't now though because you've all seen it)


I have a couple of honourary mentions, this one mostly because I bought it around Christmas-time and just wanted to share it with you. I found another pair of togs (shock horror, the first pair was the hardest thing to find in my life) in Big W of all places and are they not the cutest thing you've ever seen? They don't have the annoying padding and they come in a small enough size to fit me so I am well chuffed. I love them so much and cannot wait to go swimming in them!
I found them online!! You can get them here.

Finally, I have a Disney themed Christmas shirt! We all got to dress up at work and wear Christmassy things so I obviously had to have something to do with Disney on. We don't get to wear Christmas jumpers here in Australia but I guess this is the next best thing.
You can get it here.

And there we have it - my Christmas Haul of 2016. What did you get for Christmas?